Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Take Two Tuesday

Saturday I created a card using vintage dictionary pages as the background. I simply tore the dictionary pages into small pieces and attached them with my Herma tape runner to a scrap piece of cardstock. I could have used Modge Podge to attach the pieces, but I really wanted the torn edges and texture to show.

 I love this Autumn Blueprint CMS 133 stamp from Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz. I stamped the oak leaf  in black ink on top of the torn paper and clear embossed it.


I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Crushed Olive, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, and Fired Brick to ink the whole piece. I then painted the oak leaf with Iridescent Gold Twinkling H2O's. To finish the framed piece I flicked Perfect Pearl droplets in Gold and Perfect Pearl over it. 

I added a tag and die cut a leaf to add to the frame.


I can't wait to have this piece displayed on my fall mantle. 

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! What a beautiful fall decor piece for your home!

    ReplyDelete