Saturday, September 7, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Stamping All Stars Challenge

This month is Stamptember over at Simon Say Stamp.

blog-banner-linbrandyberry

I decided since it is Stamptember and I love stamping, I would jump in and make a couple of cards. Since I haven't scrapped or stamped much since Jude was born in December, cards are better to start out with until I get a good mojo going again.

Here is the link for Monday's challenge Stamping All Stars. The challenge is to use one of your favorite go to stamps or inks to create with. For me one of my very favorite stamps is from Hero Arts. It is a large background tree stamp.

 

I have had this stamp for quite a while, but it is still my go to stamp for Fall.

For this Challenge I decided to make a card using torn dictionary pages as the background. I started by tearing and covering my scrap cardstock with the little bits of paper. I thought about using Modge Podge first to hold it to the scrap paper, but then decided to just use my Herma runner. I wanted the texture of all the little pieces to show.



After I covered the entire piece of cardstock with the paper, I stamped the background stamp in Versamark and covered it with some older copper embossing powder I had. Then I blended Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, and Crushed Olive Distress ink over the entire piece. 


It needed a little shine, so I mixed Perfect Pearls in Gold with water and used a paint brush to flick droplets over the whole thing. Then I spray Perfect Pearl Mist on it as well and blotted off the excess. 


The photo above is the last one I took of this project (I don't know why...*sigh of exasperation*). I did make this piece into a card, matted on olive green cardstock and placed on a 5 x 7 card. It also got a sentiment attached to it across the bottom. The card is now in a sealed envelope that is headed to a friend.

I love how this piece turned out.  In the picture above you can definitely see some of the texture of the torn dictionary pages that were inked, heated, and misted. It has a really cool heavy weight texture that I really love. I think I may do another similar piece using another stamp and frame as part of my fall mantle decorations.

Check back tomorrow for another card that I did for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

1 comment:

  1. That is a fabulous tree stamp! Love your background with all the text pieces. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete