Sunday, September 8, 2013

Simon Says Stamp...Animal Antics Challenge

Back again with a card for the Wednesday Challenge Blog at Simon Says Stamp.

I am loving Stamptember. It is really helping me get back into a creative state of mind.

blog-banner-linbrandyberry

For this challenge I created a card using one of my favorite owl stamps from Hero Arts (I believe it is now discontinued).

I am pretty picky about the stamps I purchase and animal stamps are something I rarely buy because they aren't as versatile as other stamps in my opinion. But this little owl has gotten a lot of use over the last few years.


I stamped the branch on blue cardstock and the owl on a white cardstock scrap. Both the branch and the owl got painted with Twinkling H2O's (my favorite watercolors...love the shine). The owl belly is a piece of patterned paper that I stamped, painted, then pieced onto the painted owls belly. The sentiment is a Technique Tuesday exclusive kit/class stamp from a few years ago. The background got distressed with Broken China Distress Ink and then flicked with Perfect Pearl droplets. 

There are also faint pink and orange lines on the background because I ran my ink blending tool over the pink flower below the owl before it was dry. Oops! So to cover my mistake I added those lines...You wouldn't have known unless I told you. Ha...

This sweet card and the bookmark below will be dropped in the mail next week, headed to my sweet, eleven year old niece. I think she will love it. Kids always love mail..


Speaking of cute animal stamps, this is one I am seriously thinking of getting. I keep thinking of project ideas each time I look at it. 

*Simon Says Clear STAMPtember® Stamps HEY PUMPKIN SSS101363

This stamp is so different from what I normally buy, but it is so cute and I think it would be fun for a number of different projects. Plus I love a cute kitty!

1 comment:

  1. Olivia, this is adorable! Fab card and love the matching bookmark! Thank you for playing along in our Animal Antics challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete