For this card I used a swiss dot embossing folder to emboss some older woodgrain patterned paper from Crate Paper. My plan was to mount it on a piece of dark red cardstock. When I cut it & laid it on the cardstock I realized I had cut the woodgrain paper about 1/4 inch too short. I had even measured twice and cut once....Grrr!!
Instead of tossing it in the trash I decided that I could use a border strip sticker & some washi to cover up my mistake. Once I had it all mounted to the red cardstock I was actually pleased with the result. I like it more than if I had actually cut it properly to begin with. With the washi and the sticker there is a layered look without a lot of added bulk.
To finish the card I added a few brads from my stash and a small button.
This card is being dropped in the mail tomorrow & hopefully will arrive at Beau's house before I do this weekend. Otherwise I am in BIG trouble!