Saturday, August 17, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches #400 Week Two

Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating 400 Sketches by revisiting earlier sketches. Here is this week's  sketch:


This one was fun, and I had several different ideas before I settled on the card I made today. I made a list of some of the other ideas I'd like to try based off this sketch. Here is the card I finally decided to make.


I used a leaf image from the Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers stamp set. I stamped and embossed the image randomly on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I then watercolored the leaves using a mix of Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.  I mixed the Perfect Pearls powder with water. Once I completed a leaf, I went back and added drops of Perfect Pearls to cover the leaf and let it dry. I like how the greens are not all the same and how the Perfect Pearls dried differently on each leaf. It adds interest and depth to the background. I also splattered the Perfect Pearls on the completed background. It dried with a green tint to it because I was using the same brush to paint both green leaves and add Perfect Pearls. Love!

I then added a black strip to divide the background and to ground the die-cut Thanks sentiment, which is from the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers 2 stamp set

I added additional leaves to the die-cut sentiment and then added sequins to complete the card.  

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! The perfect pearls adds such a pretty touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely this is. The pearly accents really do add so much. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete