Thursday, August 29, 2019

Color Throwdown #558

Color Throwdown #558 this week:



I decided to go with a simpler card design this week, and I am pleased with the results. 


I die cut the card base using an older Simon Says Stamp heart die and then backed the negative spaces with Herma dot adhesive. Then, I ink blended Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Mowed Lawn onto watercolor cardstock. I spritzed the whole piece with Perfect Pearl pearlized water. After the watercolor cardstock piece dried, I die cut it with the same heart die. Instead of removing individual sections to fill in the negative spaces, I carefully picked up the whole die cut cardstock piece and placed it on top of the negative, adhesive areas and pressed the pieces into place. It worked so well!! I was kinda expecting all the little dots to be a nightmare!

I finished the card with a die cut hello, a small stamped sentiment, and a few sequins.



No comments:

Post a Comment