Sunday, August 4, 2019

Color Throwdown #554

 I loved the color scheme for this week's Color Throwdown.


I wanted to use the same basic materials and try two different techniques for the cards this week. 



Both cards were created using Neenah white 80lb cardstock to create the card bases. I also cut down Desert Storm cardstock and embossed it with older Sizzix embossing folders to create the backgrounds. 

All the stamped pieces are from Altenew's Beautiful Day stamp & die set. The card on the left was stamped in black ink and watercolored using Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Barn Door, Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, and Peeled Paint. The card on the right was stamped in Altenew mini ink cubes in Red Sunset and Green Fields. Both cards have tan elements stamped in Vintage Photo Distress ink. 

The black pieces are cardstock from my stash and the green, and black and white pieces are washi tape that adhered to white cardstock and layered under the black cardstock. 

I used Hero Arts Gold Embossing powder along the edges of the sentiment strip and the background piece. I also sprinkled loose embossing powder and heated it from underneath on the completed cards to add texture and interest. 

Each card was finished with Gold Stickles and sequins from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by! 




1 comment: