Sunday, August 11, 2019

Color Throwdown #555

This week I am again playing with colors that aren't in my wheelhouse- Color Throwdown #555. I'm not always comfortable when pink and purple are involved, just because they aren't colors I usually reach for. As usual, I struggled to figure it out, then when I had the card completed, I was pleased with the results.


This color scheme screamed flowers to me, so that was my plan. I had seen a really pretty card that Yoonsun Hur created for Simon Says Stamp.

Simon Says Clear Stamps WILD BEAUTY SSS101625 My Favorite zoom image  Simon Says Clear Stamps WILD BEAUTY SSS101625 My Favorite zoom image

I did not have this particular stamp set & I also had very limited floral image stamps that were small. I ended up using an older floral stamp set from Hero Arts called Color Me Flowers (CG133) along with Simon Says Stamp Big Scripty Greetings (SSS101527). There were no stems or leaves in the floral stamp set, so I used a couple of floral branches from an older Cocoa Daisy stamp set.  The Distress Ink colors I used are: Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, and Mowed Lawn. 


I finished the card with a splatter of Perfect Pearls and sequins from Lucy's Cards. 






No comments:

Post a Comment