Monday, July 29, 2019

Color Throwdown #553

I loved this week's Color Throwdown combination! Very fun and summery!



Here is my card using this color scheme. 


I used an older background stamp from Hero Arts that coordinated with the Hello Luscious paper line from Basic Grey:


Image result for Hero arts CG301Image result for basic grey hello luscious

I really miss the Basic Grey paper lines & stamps. I wish I spent more time sewing to justify purchasing some of their beautiful fabric.

I stamped the Luscious Floral Background stamp (Hero Arts CG301) onto Strathmore Watercolor paper that I had cut down to 4 x 5 1/4 and embossed in Hero Arts white embossing powder.  I then ink blended the background using Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry. Using those same colors, I watercolored them into some of the open flowers to give the background more depth and interest. I finished the background with flicks of water that I dried with a heat gun. 

The sentiment is from the Bring on the Sun stamp set from Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday.
Bring On The Sun Stamp Set by Ali Edwards
This stamp set is from 2012, but one I still reach for summer projects. Stamps are so versatile and
timeless. 

I stamped the sentiment with Distress Oxide Ink in Picked Rasberry onto shimmery vellum from my stash & then heat embossed it. Adhering vellum is always tricky because you don't want the adhesive to show through the vellum. To combat this, I used DMC cross stitch thread to sew the sentiment strip on. 

To finish the card, I used sequins from my stash and Crystal Stickles to fill in the flower centers.

Hope your week is great! Check the Color Throwdown website on Wednesday to see the next challenge and play along! It is a great way to stretch your creativity and use your supplies! 






1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love the stitching accent on the vellum :) -Carly

    ReplyDelete