Friday, July 12, 2019

Color Throwdown #551

This color scheme Color Throwdown #551 is not part of my usual repertoire. The pink definitely threw me a little. I live in a home with four boys, one grown-ish and the other three the spitting image of him. Pink is not something I live with daily.

I knew I wanted to push myself a little, and since I had completed the last couple of challenges using flowers, I decided that this time, no flowers. I also wanted to stick to light pink, even though darker pinks might have been a bit easier.

Here's what I came up with:


This card started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock with an ink smooshing technique using Spun Sugar Distress Ink. The splatters were made with watered down black paint. The popped up butterfly is from an older Hero Arts set (CL383) heat embossed in gold embossing powder and then lightly was with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Handwritten Thoughts (CMS218) set. I finished the card by stitching a butterfly flight path in metallic gold thread and then scattering pieces of gold confetti along that path. 



This second card began on Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock as well. I repeatedly stamped, and white heat embossed an old Cocoa Daisy quatrefoil stamp onto the background. I then used Black Soot Distress Ink and the ink smooshing technique to cover the whole background. I went back and added darker black spots and then splashed on a few water drops to add interest. The gold background was created using gold glitter embossing powder on the card edges. I wanted it to match the die cut "love" word. The die cut is popped up on a Spun Sugar Distress Ink heart, and a Tim Holtz rosette die made from scrap polka dot tissue paper. A scattering of sequins and the word you from the Simon Says Stamp Hey Love release finished the card.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful, Olivia! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete