Sunday, July 21, 2019

Color Throwdown #552

This week's Color Throwdown has pink again, but, this time it's mixed with white, silver, and grey. Those colors, along with going back to using flowers, made this challenge a bit easier for me than last weeks.




Here's my take:


I started with a pink card base and then cut down a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper. I stamped floral images from Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers (SSS201900) stamp set and embossed them in white. I then used Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick to watercolor the floral images.  The leaf images from the same stamp set were stamped in Versamark ink and then embossed with  WOW Embossing Powder in Metallic Silver Ultra High (WC05UH).  This embossing powder is chunkier than most I work with, but I still like the results even though it didn't give polished clean images. To add more interest, I sprinkled that same embossing powder across the background, without embossing ink and then embossed from underneath. That melted the powder without blowing it off the paper. I used Versamark and the same embossing powder along the edges of a piece of paper just a little bit bigger than the watercolored piece to create a mat between the watercolored background and the pink card base. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was stamped and white heat embossed onto a scrap of grey cardstock. Sequins from my stash complete the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment