Monday, May 18, 2020

Embossed White Backgrounds

Today's cards were made using a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches (#435)


Both of these cards were created using embossing folders to create a simple white embossed background. The embossed background adds another element to the cards without adding another color or distraction.

I created this first card using an older stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. The background is embossed using an embossing folder I picked up at Michael's a year or so ago. All the stamped images are watercolored with Distress Inks. The patterned paper pieces are remnants left over from a Simon Says Stamp Card Kit. Sequins are from my stash. I love how this one turned out with the little popsicle images as the diagonal piece.


This card is created much the same. The paper pieces are remnants from older kits or from my stash. The embossed background is from Michael's, I picked it up when I bought the ice cream embossing folder. I have a hard time passing up "summery" products. The stamped sentiment is from an older Simon Says Stamp set. The sequins & rhinestones are from my stash, I think the rhinestones are actually from Hero Arts, from their first line of rhinestones they put out ages ago.


Each card has a matching envelope.

I love digging through older stamps/supplies and using up my stash of stuff. It's a really big stash & I feel very accomplished when I use things up. 

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the popsicles - stamped, embossed, patterned paper - fun!! And the summer hello has such pretty summer colors, patterns and images. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous cards! I love the colors and the embossed backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete