Thursday, May 21, 2020

Spring Floral Card

How about a Clean and Simple Card?  I love the sketches at CAS(E) this Sketch. The sketch always pushes my clean and simple abilities. I always tend to overthink/spend a ton of time producing cards, but when I use the CAS(E) sketch I try to think more simply and work quickly to complete a card.


Here is what I came up with. 


I limited myself to two stamp sets, one for the florals and one for the sentiment. The sentiment is from an older Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday stamp set and the florals are from an older Hero Arts stamp set (Color Layering Let Love Grow) stamp set. 

I stamped the solid images in different light color Distress Inks around a penciled-in circle the size of the sentiment circle. I then misted the solid images with water and let them dry. I added detail stamped images, from the same stamp set, in darker shades on top of the dried solid images. 

The sentiment is stamped in Archival Jet Black ink and clear heat embossed. To finish the card I added sequins from my stash and stamped a matching envelope.

Love how this one turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment