Monday, May 25, 2020

Sunshine Card

This week I spent some time playing with brighter colors that have a summery feel. One of the cards I created using the Freshly Made Sketches #436. This is such a versatile & fun sketch, that I have more cards planned using it.


Here is what I came up with:


The card also has a matching envelope design, which was created using the same Tim Holtz Rays stencil along with Distress Ink in Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin. The blue background patterned paper is from an older 6x6 paper pad and it is layered on top of a Neenah 80lb card base. The shaker is filled with a mix of iridescent & Simon Says Stamp Summer Gold sequins. The sentiment is from an older Simon Says Stamp set & is stamped in Archival Jet Black ink. 

I love the summery feel of this card and it will soon be headed to a close friend who always makes me feel better when I'm feeling down.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are getting a chance to feel warm, sunny days in your part of the world.  

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great card! I just love the sunshine shaker box! So cheery! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the sketch for a shaker! And such a wonderful background and sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete