Monday, May 18, 2020

First & Second Generation Distress Inking

Today I made a couple of cards inspired by Color Throwdown #593


I stuck to a pink, yellow, and blue color scheme, but decided to use brighter colors (especially the pink) than the ones in the inspiration piece. 

This first card was created using a Crafter's Workshop stencil ink blended with Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. I also sprayed the ink-covered stencil with Perfect Pearls pearlized water and used it as a stamp on the background. Then using an older stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, I stamped the two bikini's repeatedly across the background in black ink & coated them with Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is stamped in Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink. I finished the card with sequins from Lucy's Cards. 


 The second card I created using the ink residue from the first card. I stamped the still slightly inky stencil onto watercolor cardstock and lightly inked over it using the same Distress Ink colors (residue on ink blending tools) I used on the first card. I used another older stamp set from Simon Says Stamp to create the ice cream images and the stamped sentiment. The stamped images are watercolored with Distress Inks. Sequins are from Lucy's Cards.


Both cards have matching stamped envelopes.

I enjoyed creating each of these and love how summery and fun they feel. 

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. These are such AWESOME summer cards!! Love, love them!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete