Monday, December 2, 2019

December Daily- Day One- All is Calm & my Hope for December





Up early on the first day of December. I actually enjoy getting up before Jess and the boys get up. I love the calm (after I get the animals situated) of being able to just lie down on the couch, snuggled up under a blanket reading or thinking until time to get people up for church. Quiet alone time is a small luxury around here, especially during this busy season of basketball and everyday activities.
  
The addition of the twinkle lights of the tree, a snoozing Dax (black labrador) next to me on the floor, and Smokey (cat) curled up beside me on the couch adds to the coziness and contentment I feel right now. I love the idea of spending every bit of December snuggled up with my people and enjoying our time together. 

I know the reality is that December is busy, that these snuggly moments are few and fleeting, but it is my hope that our family can carve out more moments together during this season. To be intentional about time spent together and to say "no" to anything that is not necessary, in order to spend more of our time together enjoying the magic that is Christmas. 


(Scripture for Advent today: Luke 1:26-38)

The first Sunday of Advent at church today spoke of Hope. I believe the idea of hope is very fitting for my thoughts this morning about what it is that I hope to accomplish in the coming weeks as we celebrate Christmas and the true meaning of the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment