Thursday, December 12, 2019

December Daily- Day 9- Quick & Quiet Moments of the Season

Jude and I were able to work in a bit of tree decorating between Little Rockers Marathon practice after school and basketball practice this evening. Carter and Ethan don't love decorating the tree as much as Jude does. They will help, but being big, goofy teenagers in weird, gangly bodies does not always bode well for the ornaments or the tree. That being said, I will always take any help I can get as long as the tree and decorations remain mostly unscathed.


Monday's are pretty tough on Jude, with running after school and then basketball practice at 6:30. Once we got home, he was definitely ready for a bath, a book, and bedtime.

We are reading through Christmas books each night, and tonight he wanted Snowmen at Night so that he could look for the hidden objects as I read.


After I tucked him in, picked up the house a bit, and did the dishes, I was ready to turn in as well. I found Smokey curled up on our bed, as he does every night, waiting to snuggle up against me until Ethan comes in to get him as he goes to bed. 


Such a quiet reminder of how much we all get into a daily/nightly routine that grounds and comforts us. I am so looking forward to the two week Christmas break to reset and restore my home, myself, and my people. So very thankful for quiet, beautiful moments. 




No comments:

Post a Comment