Friday, February 27, 2009

Scrappy Magnet Project

Hi... I have been meaning to post something scrappy here for a while, but it just hasn't happened until today. I created these scrappy magnets using those magnets you get in the mail from credit card companies. We have gotten a slew of them and I finally ended up keeping a few, thinking I would do something creative with them. They were ugly just stuck to the fridge. So I took some of them and sanded them down a little so the adhesive would stick. Here is the before picture.

Then I took some scraps of pattern paper and covered the magnets completely. I used a glue stick to adhere the paper to the sanded magnet. The paper I chose is similar to the colors I have in my kitchen--apple green, red, and yellow-y gold.

Then I sanded the edges of the paper and then inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Walnut Distress Ink. Some magnets got left as rectangles, while others got cut (with a Creative Memories Circle Cutter) into different size circles. I decorated the magnets with different circles and some of my favorite pictures of the boys. I also used some older Making Memories Metal pieces, metal letters and rub ons. I am very pleased with the result. The magnets really brighten up the fridge, they are personalized, and best of all I used up some of my stash and recycled those magnets, something I would have otherwise trashed. Here's the finished product. Thanks for looking.




Have a great weekend. Hope you spend at least part of it doing something creative.

Olivia


3 comments:

  1. that's a really great idea - they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Olivia,
    This is such a great project...& such a great idea. Your fridge must really look festive now.
    ~Kim (KJ-Starre) from Cocoa Daisy.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete