Thursday, May 28, 2009

Onto Bigger Things...

Today was the last day of preschool for Carter. Such a bittersweet day for me. I am so proud of the big guy he is becoming, but I miss the little boy that he used to be. It is amazing that six years has passed so quickly.

He turned six May 10th..we had held him out of kindergarten last year because he wasn't mature enough..he calls it being "red shirted"...his daddy is a coach what else can you expect? I am so hopeful that we made the best decision for him. He has matured alot this year and he is so ready to go to school.

At six he is very impatient, he got that from me. He is also very competitive, from Jess of course. He loves sports of any kind and took a big interest in Jess' ball team this year. I got tickled at ballgames when he would complain about the refs missing calls. Nine times out of ten he was right..LOL.

He is also very sensitive. It is not unusual to see him tear up during the sad part of a movie. He also is starting to show more responsibility for Ethan and he is being more patient with him. I love watching them play together and see Carter teaching Ethan new things...some not so good, like burping, and some that are really great like playing ball and building things.

He is growing up to be one fantastic kid and I am lucky to be his Mama. Because the best thing about Carter is that he is 100% a Mama's boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment