Yes, you read the title correctly. It says Moo-hawk, not Mohawk. Ethan loves to wear his curly, blond hair in a moohawk. If you try to correct him and tell him it is a mohawk, it usually ends up as an argument between the adult and the two 1/2 year old and really this is one argument I am willing to let go of. The moohawk is a daily fix at our house. I have a feeling Mr. Ethan will be my "fashion guy" and Carter will be the guy who scoops his clothes off the dresser or the floor and sniffs to make sure they are clean before putting them on.
Ethan will turn 3 in March and when you ask him what he wants for his birthday he says, "Peanut Butter, Pancakes, and Chicken Nuggets. Peanut Butter in understandable because it is his favorite food. He could honestly eat it for every meal, if he were allowed to. Pancakes are also a big hit with him. He asks for them every Saturday morning. The chicken nuggets??... well I really have no idea. We do eat chicken nuggets from Mickey D's on rare occasions, but not often enough for him to just love them.
At nearly three here are a few of your favorite things.
- Your favorite books: I Love It When You Smile and anything Clifford, the big red dog
- Your favorite toys: Fisher Price Little People, the wooden train set, any game that includes a
ball and your older brother.
- Your favorite people: Carter, and cousins Ashlee and "B"
- Your favorite food: Peanut Butter (this has become a tiring daily request)
- Your best friend: I think it is Carter, but when I ask you, you always say,"Kitty's my best
And here are some things we love about you:
- The added vowels you use on your verbs-eg. "Mama, picka me up, please" and "Mama, fixa
my moohawk, please"
- Watching you "dance"- It's more of a hop and maybe a little shuffle, not so much of an actual
- The moohawk....everyone loves the curly, blonde, moohawk. You're quite the lady killer.
- That when we hear you making that sucking noise, that tells us that you are sucking and eating
snot and then we ask you to go get toilet paper so we can blow your nose, you bring us either 2
meager squares or you come trailing in with half the roll following you. There is no in-
between, either way too little or WAY too much.
- The need for you to have every stuffed animal you own, plus your blanket, plus two or three
or seven books, plus as many toys as you can sneak in bed with you EVERY night. Then you
will stay awake for HOURS in the bed. It's like you sleep in a mine field. Completely crazy and
frustrating. We do remove as many toys and things as possible on our many trips to put you
back into the bed, but they always make their way back in before morning.
- Your cute little smile. It helps you get away with things on occasion.
- The way you reply to our, "I Love You's" with a sweet, "I Love You Most" and the cute smile.
- I also love that you tease everyone around. Either with the sweet smile and big eyes, or when
you start a silly argument with Carter to get him riled up, or when you call one of us a Wascal,
or a Turkey-bird, just to get us to argue back. You do this best with Papaw Richey. You call
him a knuckie-head and then a silly argument about who the actually knuckie-head is ensues
complete with idle threats and lots of laughs and giggles. Papaw loves it as much as you do.
Ethan you are such a funny, silly, loving little boy and we love you the most.