Friday, September 5, 2014

Simon Says Stamp- Stamptember 2014

Today I want to share the last project I have made using the Simon Says Stamp Lots of Snowflakes stamp set.
I had a list of projects I wanted to create with these stamps. Some I got finished, others didn't, then a few ideas just took off and I ended up with projects I didn't plan. Yesterday's project was one of those type projects and so is today's.

I love how sometimes you plan your projects and then sometimes creativity totally takes over and takes you in a whole different direction.

This piece is probably my favorite of the week. Small, but so full of potential. I have no idea where it will end up this holiday season, but I know it will be used. 



It may actually be my jumping off point as I plan my Christmas cards & December Daily album. I love the colors and the old dictionary pages, the red and green mixed with the blue & white, & the old text paper. It just seems very me. 

The actual size was meant to be 3x4, but the "Merry Christmas" banner piece hangs over the edge, so it is probably more like 3 1/2 x 4. 

I started with watercolor paper and used Broken China Distress Ink & Perfect Pearl Mist to watercolor the background. I then used Broken China Distress Ink and the ink blending tool to ink the edges. The darker blue splotches were made by rubbing the Broken China Distress in pad onto an acrylic block and then spraying it with water. I then stamped the ink directly onto the piece. 

The trees are from Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous Reindeer Flight Stamp Set & stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I stamped a few of the smaller snowflakes, from the Lots of Snowflake stamp set, in Versamark and then heat embossed them in a white and silver glitter embossing powder. 

The "Merry Christmas" banner was made by covering a scrap piece of cardstock with old dictionary pages. The Merry Christmas sentiment is from an older Hero Arts stamp set and was stamped and then embossed using a combination of American Crafts Rouge embossing powder & PK Glitz red glitter.

I added iridescent sequins and then added the "Merry Christmas" Banner across the bottom with foam tape.

Thank you so much for stopping by this week and thanks again to Simon Says Stamp for generously sending my such an amazing stamp set to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment