Here is a look at today's finished tag:
The steps for today's tag are very similar to yesterday's tag, so I won't be going as in depth with my explanations here.
I stamped the veined leaf in Fired Brick, which is one of my favorite colors of Distress Ink and also happens to be available in the Cocoa Daisy Boutique. I then embossed the petals with Fired Brick Embossing Powder. Distress Embossing Powder is different from regular embossing powders because it does not heat to a shine. You know the embossing powder has bonded when it turns a darker color. After letting the embossed petals completely cool, you then rub off the release crystals and throw them away. The resulting petals have an interesting rough texture to them, that adds to the vintage feel.
I inked over each petal, after cutting them out, using Antique Linen Distress Ink. You can see a difference in the petal on the bottom left that has not been inked compared to the other petals that have already been inked.
Here are all the pieces before assembly. In the upper right corner is an assortment of buttons and brads from my stash that I was considering for the center of the poinsettia. I also chose to use the same veined leaf for the green leaves of this poinsettia. I felt that it added to the vintage look. They are stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then embossed with Distress Embossing Powder in Peeled Paint.
Here is the completed flower. I chose the metal flower brad as my center.
This particular tag is a little smaller than yesterday's. I chose it from my stash because it had already been distressed with what I believe is Walnut Stain. I picked up a handful of these pre-distressed tags years ago at a scrapbook convention. I think I bought them at the Rusty Pickle booth. With the flower laying on the tag I was trying to plan the remaining background and how the tag would look when I finished.
Even though the tag was already distressed it just didn't seem inky enough for me, so I added another Cocoa Daisy stamp, Distress Inks, and some mist splatters. You can vaguely see the Grungy Grid stamp that I stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Ink. It is my go to stamp when I want to add a little more texture without overwhelming my whole project. I then inked the tag with some additional Fired Brick and Peeled Paint. Then splattered on some Maya Mist in Avocado Metallic, Forever Red Perfect Pearls Mist, and then sprayed the whole tag with Perfect Pearls Mist in Perfect Pearl.
Here is a close-up of the bottom of the finished tag. I added a harlequin ribbon from my stash and added star brads through each side to hold it in place. The label in the middle was stamped using an older Cocoa Daisy stamp set Mason Jar with labels, that is no longer available. I then stamped "December 2012" from the Day in the Life: Months, Years, and Bits set in Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I covered the edges of the label with Antique Linen Distress Stickles.
Once again here is the completed tag.Created similar to yesterday's but different in the finished look.
Here is a look at both tags together. I can't wait to use them with our home decor or in my December Daily this year.
Hope this inspires you to use your stamps in different ways!