Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful- Nov 4th

We started a fire Tuesday evening and have been able to keep hot coals going up through this evening. I enjoy coming home to a warm house. We have gas heat, but there is nothing more warm and cozy than a nice, hot fire in the fireplace. I have been known, for years....too many to count, to stand directly in front of the fire for a long time in order to warm up. Long enough that other people in the room eventually ask or tell me to move and quit blocking the heat.

I'm so thankful for a warm fire and a warm home as the colder weather starts to move in. I am also thankful that my father-in-law has the time and energy to cut up trees for wood and that Jess has time to split it. Bring on the cold weather...I'm good as long as I have my warm, toasty fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment