Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Apple Spin

This conversation happened while we were eating lunch today. FYI: We were having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips and apples. Pretty sure that my family alone keeps the peanut butter factories up and going. Anywho...



Ethan: "Here mommy" (handing over a partly eaten apple slice)

Me: "Are you done with your apple?"

Ethan: "Yes, I not like the spin." (this was said in a very quiet voice)

Me: "What?"

Ethan: "I can't tell" (this is his classic response when he knows he is mispronouncing a word)

Me: "What did you say?"

Ethan: " The spin....I not like the spin." (exasperated of course!)

Me: "Oh, OK you don't have to eat the spin."



Spin is supposed to be skin. He won't eat it because it is tough.



Ethan is quite a little character and my dad calls him "Wreck" because he is always tearing stuff up. Look up boy in the dictionary and his picture will be there.



Thought I would post today's picture of the day. This firetruck has driven many a mile across the floor of our house here and also in De Queen. We bought this firetruck for Carter on his first birthday and I'm pretty sure it is on it's last leg now. Ethan rides it constantly and usually has something hooked and dragging behind it or is carrying a big load while driving it. Today's choice was his night night blanket and my flashlight. He came flying through and said, "Look mommy I'm driving with one hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment