Monday, October 18, 2021

Day in the Life- The Photos & A Few Words

This past Friday, October 15th was the second documenting day of 2021 for  Ali Edwards Day in the Life Project. Today I am sharing my favorite photos and just a few words about Friday. I will be back later in the week to share my completed project.

6:48 am // All three boys headed out for Friday breakfast and devotional time at Pop Pops.


10:31 am // My workspace in my office. 


12:11pm  // A little Friday fun. Had to evacuate the building because dust on a heat sensor in the kitchen triggered the fire alarm. It was good for all of us to have a "real world" drill. Now everyone knows exactly what the real fire alarm sounds like.


5:03pm // Somedays with little boys are tough. Hard headedness & a willingness to argue with the Mama are family traits shared by all three brothers. Today's issues had to do with a Jude who was unhappy with a grade on a paper, but who was unwilling to see how/why he made the mistakes he made. Which made the teacher/Mama very frustrated. He also did not see the need to change into pants or carry a jacket to the game, even though I told him that it was going to cool off. Sometimes we have to learn by making a mistake. He learned. Also, had to tell him not to slam my car door when he got in. He told me he didn't. I then had to explain that I would not have told him not to slam it, if he hadn't slammed it. Good grief. 


 5:50 pm  // Pre-game warmup. Love sitting the empty stands watching my boys get ready to play. Love that Jude has the maturity, patience, and interest to take it all in as well. 



6:41 // Carter was a captain for tonight's game. Learning to accept this Senior business and not let it hurt my heart every time I think of it being the "last time" for this or that is HARD. Just trying to take each day of this Senior year, live it fully, and to record the memories on my heart.


6:57 pm // Got to watch all three boys run out of the helmet because the elementary players were announced and ran out before the big boys. Watched Jude smile the entire time he was running. Such a big and fun opportunity for him. Also, he lacks full control of his legs as he runs. He looked a little like me when I run. We won't tell him that though.


7:00 pm // A rare selfie of the two of us. We don't normally think to take photos of us together, so capturing this today for this project was nice. 


9:10 pm // These were actually taken Saturday morning off our schools replay of the game, because I did not have my big camera at the game and I was too busy enjoying the game to snap a lot of photos. Not sure how I will put these together in the album and I fully expect them to be blurry, but I wanted to make sure and capture this memory. 

As a Sophomore Ethan doesn't get in often. He got in towards the end of fourth quarter, got a pass thrown to him, and gained a few yards. On the next play the ball was thrown to Carter, who is our main wide receiver, and he scored his first touchdown of this season. Because Ethan was still on the field, they met up in the end zone to celebrate. It was a moment that was so much fun to watch and will make for an amazing memory for both of them. 




Not sure how I will complete my album or if all the photos (and some I didn't share) will make the final cut, but I wanted to share a few favorites and start getting my brain in a space to create.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment