Monday, October 18, 2021

Another Non-Traditional Christmas Card Color Scheme

 I used the current Color Throwdown #664 color scheme to create another Christmas card. Love pushing myself to create without adhering to a traditional Christmas color scheme.





I got frustrated while making this one & I still see mistakes that kind of bug me, but after putting it down and walking away, I was able to come back to it and finish. Sometimes walking away for 24 hours helps. 

I had never created a card with a floating element before and I actually like how that turned out. The woodgrain background stamp is an older one that I always gravitate to when I need a woodgrain. The eucalyptus leaves & the snowflake are dies from Simon Says Stamp & the sentiment is from there as well. I do love adding sequins to most of my cards, this time it was actually a necessity to cover some splatters that actually ended up on the white background. I also added a few small pearls to help disguise some of the splatters that had run amok. 


Happy with how this one turned out and I learned a lot in the process. Definitely things I would do a little differently design-wise and time-wise, but I'm proud of myself for powering through and not scrapping the whole thing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment