Sunday, August 25, 2019

Color Throwdown #557

This week's color scheme was fun. I decided to go with some ink blending so I could deliberately avoid mixing the yellow and purple together. Yellow and purple together equals mud and isn't a good look on a card.

I also decided to do a predominately one layer card by embedding my sentiment into a background. 


I chose the "You Are Awesome" sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's  Big Scripty Greetings stamp set. I stamped it in black and embossed it on the smooth side of the Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I stamped the sentiment onto some scrap paper, cut it out and then adhered it over the embossed greeting. Using an older Hero Arts background stamp called Flower Dot Pattern (CG330) in my Misti, I stamped over the covered sentiment. Once I had a solid stamping on my background (it took a couple of times), I embossed the background as well. 

After I removed the sentiment mask, I used Distress Inks in Dusty Concord, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, and Squeezed Lemonade to ink blend over the complete background. I used pearlized water, made with Perfect Pearls and water, to paint some of the background images. I also splattered the entire background with Perfect Pearl water.

After it dried completely, I added sequins and gems from Lucy's Cards to complete the card. 

2 comments:

  1. Fun distressed background with the colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blending of the throwdown colors for this awesome background! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete