Wednesday, August 7, 2019

(CAS)E this Sketch #333

Back today, sharing a card I made for a "new to me" Sketch Challenge blog- (CAS)E this Sketch #333. I was drawn in by the sketch because I love to use sketches to guide and push my creativity.




August for us means back to school, and as a school librarian, that means that I am working on getting lesson plans made and getting the library back together to welcome students. I have many teacher friends in my building and also around the state, so I made quite a few cards to encourage and uplift them as we start a new year.

Here is one that I am sending to one of my very best friends who lives in the town where I grew up. She teaches Kindergarten, KINDERGARTEN! I can't wrap my brain around the patience and energy that it requires to teach Kindergarten, but she does it so well! 


I started this card by stamping Tim Holtz's Mini Schoolhouse Blueprint Stamps onto watercolor cardstock and water coloring the image with Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Spun Sugar, and Pine Needles Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Thank You Teacher stamp set, and it is stamped on a piece of patterned paper from my stash. The red and green patterned pieces are from my stash of paper scraps as well. I used the largest Stitched Rectangle Die from Simon Says Stamp to cut the black cardstock background piece. It is the perfect size to fit on an A2 card base.

I adhered the pieces together and popped up the apple image with foam tape. I finished the card with a few Summer Gold sequins from Simon Says Stamp and a splattering of Perfect Pearls in Sunflower Sparkle.

I enjoyed this sketch challenge and look forward to trying it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment