Monday, January 21, 2019

Color Throwdown #526

I am back with another Color Throwdown weekly card.

This week's challenge uses beautiful blues that feel very wintery to me. 


I was in need of another birthday card for a sweet neighbor, who I happen to share a birthday with this week. I plan to drop this card in her mailbox on the way to work Friday morning. 


This card started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, and Chipped Sapphire. After ink blending, I sprayed the whole piece with Perfect Pearls Mist. The white die cut snowflakes were cut from another white piece of watercolor cardstock and then inlaid into the blue background. Additional vellum die cut snowflakes and sequins were added to the background along with the Wishing die cut. I used Broken China Distress Ink to create a mat for the piece & then mounted the whole thing on a pre-made card base and envelope set I picked up at Michaels. The envelope was stenciled with an older The Crafter's Workshop snowflake stencil using Broken China Distress Ink. 

I was able to inlay the blue snowflake die cuts into the white cardstock base, so I have another card base in the making. The most difficult part of this whole card was placing the original colored pieces back into the die cut shapes.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Color Throwdown's next color challenge tomorrow.  

2 comments:

  1. Love the background and inlaying the diecuts! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous background to these beautiful snowflakes! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at CTD!

    ReplyDelete