Saturday, January 12, 2019

Color Throwdown #525

I'm playing along again this week with Color Throwdown #525


I was in need of a card for my brother who has a birthday coming up in February. He is an outdoors kind of guy so  I knew this color scheme was perfect for a masculine, outdoorsy card. 




I started with a piece of Desert Storm cardstock & the exclusive Tim Holtz Stamptember stamp set I picked up in September 2017 at Simon Says Stamp (linking his wood slice stamp that was in his holiday line from 2017). The wood slice stamp was perfect and I used it as my background and also a popped up piece. I stamped three wood slices so that they would be in the foreground and then used stamp masks to stamp the remaining wood slices in the background. I used Post-it notes as my masks and I made multiples so that I could cover all the previously stamped areas. All the stamping and distressing were done with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress ink. I used Antique Linen Distress Ink to shade the foreground wood slices to add a little depth. I then sprayed Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold all over the background. 


Using my Misti, I then triple stamped the wood slice stamp onto Desert Storm cardstock and rubbed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I used a dark piece of fun foam to pop up the darker wood slice and splattered it with Heirloom Gold Distress Inks. 


The deer head wood veneer is from an old Christmas kit from Cocoa Daisy. I sprayed it with Heirloom Gold as well. The baker's twine underneath the deer head is from my stash.

The die cut sentiment and embossed birthday sentiment are from Simon Says Stamp. To finish the look I stamped the envelope multiple times with the wood slice stamp. 

2 comments:

  1. How COOL is this wood slice? I love how you used it!!! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hos you created the background with masking! Great card! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete