Sunday, January 6, 2019

Color Throwdown #524

With one day left in our Christmas Break, I had the urge to get inky. I knew I had a color challenge blog that I followed through Instagram: @colorthrowdown, so I looked them up and found the newest color challenge.  I used the latest color challenge as a guide for a birthday card for the sweet lady who is the instructional aide in my son's kindergarten class every day.

Here is the latest Color Throwdown challenge:


And here is my take:


I will try my best to link the products I used to create this card. One of my creative plans for this year is to use the materials I already have available in my scrap space. If you are anything like me, you have lots of unused supplies that are just gathering dust. I hope to use quite a bit of mine up this year so that I can justify buying more of course! 

The base of this card is from a card and envelope set I picked up from Michaels. They come precut and scored 50 to a pack with envelopes. Card size is 5 by 6 1/2. 

The yellow and black mats are from pieces of cardstock from my stash. The colored background is a piece of Tim Holtz Water Color Cardstock inked with Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn. Then the background was misted with Perfect Pearls. The silver die cut piece is from Taylored Expressions. I die cut it first and then embossed it using Versamark and Wow Embossing Powder in Metallic Silver. I then die cut a shimmery vellum circle from vellum I had in my stash and layered on the stamped pieces. The stamped pieces are from Altnew's Beautiful Day stamp and die set. The flower was stamped with TH Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard SeedFossilized Amber, and Ranger Archival Jet Black ink and the leaves were stamped with the Green Field mini cube set from Altenew. The other smaller grey pieces were stamped in Altenew's Moon Rock ink.  I finished the card with an old Happy Birthday sentiment from Cocoa Daisy and a scattering of gems from my stash. 

Thanks for checking out my card. It was time-consuming because I am not a fast creator, but I like the results, and I think Jude's teacher will love it as well. Especially with a Sonic gift card tucked inside.  



1 comment:

  1. What a special, gorgeous card! The teacher will love it, I'm sure! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete