Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Week in the Life 2023- Sunday, April 23rd

 This week, I am documenting a week in our daily lives. I have done this project a number of times throughout the years & I'm looking forward to another opportunity to record a week of our ordinary days. I wonder what stories this week will tell.


Early morning snuggles with Tiny. I didn't sleep well last night, so I was hoping to catch a little more rest on the couch before getting the day started. Tiny wanted to help.


The last load of laundry for the weekend. All the cleaning this weekend allowed Ethan & me to get completely caught up on all the laundry. A rarity for sure, especially considering that Ethan doesn't often do his laundry unless I remind him or he runs out of underwear.


Jude was up earlier than I expected & all he wanted for breakfast was a bowl of dry cereal. He was happily playing Fortnite with friends when I headed downstairs for a little creative time.


Back upstairs for a hot chai latte refill & heard Smokey wanting back inside. It was chilly outside, so he wanted in quicker than normal. He usually likes to lounge on the front porch or in the yard. Occasionally he ventures off into neighboring yards or even across the street, but he is happiest just hanging out in our yard and soaking up the sun. The sun was hard to find today and the spring wind was fierce.





Ethan pulled Jude away from his screen for a little while to run pass plays in the front yard. I stepped outside briefly (it was still cool)  to watch, snap a few pictures,  and check out the hostas beginning to emerge in the front flower bed.


After completely cleaning our bedroom Friday night and all day Saturday, including shampooing the carpet and wiping down all the woodwork, Sunday was all about finishing up the laundry & picking up loose clothing from our room, and putting it away.


Jude turned off his Switch and picked up the iPad to watch Star Wars. He is a serious Star Wars aficionado. 


Ethan spent his afternoon cleaning and vacuuming his room and closet. He even organized his hanging clothes and his shoe collection. 


I went in search of Georgie, who hides 90% of the time, and Ethan pointed her out to me lounging in his window behind the curtain. A much more scenic view than that of the living room chair which she usually hides under.


Carter at college (check), Dad umpiring (check), only three people who love breakfast, specifically waffles with bacon and sausage, for supper at home. Waffles it is. Ethan, Jude, & I love breakfast for supper,



Favorite shot of the day: Ethan and Jude playing on our old Nintendo Wii. Jude and I went to see the movie Friday night & really enjoyed it. Ethan brought the Wii upstairs tonight and it was a huge hit! So much fun to all sit and play a little bit and reminisce about playing it together when the big boys were Jude's age. Glad he brought it up. I see many nights of family play ahead.  


No comments:

Post a Comment