Sunday, August 2, 2020

Watercoloring & Embossing on Vellum

In my last post, I mentioned playing with older supplies. I enjoyed playing with my Twinkling H2O's so much that I wanted to continue using them. I am amazed at how much I have used them through the years and how much of them are still left. I'm not sure they are still be made, so I'm glad they don't get used up quickly.

I was excited this week to see Freshly Made Sketches #446. I have been intrigued by slimline cards here lately as I have begun to see more and more of them being made and shared on social media. I thought this was the perfect week to try one.


I pulled my inspiration from a decorative piece I made a few years ago that hangs on one of my inspiration boards. 



Using the same color scheme and vellum I created a slimline card with a similar feel.



Heat embossing on vellum can be really tricky. The best advice I can give is to go slow and hold the embossing gun as far back as possible from the vellum while you are embossing. That way it will reduce the warping or burning of the vellum. 

The stamped leaves came from an older Cocoa Daisy stamp set and are no longer available. They are stamped with Versamark ink & embossed with white embossing powder. My favorite white embossing powder is Hero Arts White Embossing Powder because it is a crisp, clean white. The leaves are watercolored with Twinkling H2O watercolors. Once dry, I buffed the images to remove any watercolor that bled onto the white embossing. 

The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Thanks and Leaves stamp set and is also embossed in white embossing powder.


I used foam tape behind all the bigger leaves to adhere the vellum piece to the white card base. I finished the card with a sprinkling of sequins from my stash. 

This card made me question why I don't play with the vellum in my stash more often. It was a fun card to make and makes me yearn for the cooler temperatures of fall. 



3 comments:

  1. Your design on vellum is gorgeous! Beautifully done! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate design! I love the watercoloring and embossing on vellum. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love the pop of fall colors on the white and the vellum. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete