Monday, March 16, 2020

Distress Watercolor

Distress watercolor is my favorite way to color images. Today, I was inspired by the Color Throwdown #584. I also love the fact that the color combo was all in greens, which is my favorite color.


I decided to make a thank you card because I am always needing to thank someone. Writing & sending thank you cards, or any card for that matter is something I struggle with. I am making a conscious effort to make and SEND more cards. 





Today's card is similar to one I have made in the past, but I seriously love this leaf image from the Delicate Flowers stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. The sentiment is a combination of words from the Delicate Flowers set and the Beautiful Flowers 2 stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped & embossed the sentiment and leaf images in Black Archival Ink and clear embossing powder. I then pressed Distress Ink pads in Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, and Peeled Paint onto a clear stamp block. Then using a small watercolor brush I dropped and moved color and water into each of the leaves. I finished the card with a splattering of leftover Distress Ink and a spritz of Perfect Pearl water. The sequins and gems are from the Palm Sparkly Shaker Mix by Lucy's Cards.

Thanks for stopping by and looking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment