Monday, March 16, 2020

Bit and Pieces

Last week I cleaned out my scrap drawers. I have a three drawer plastic storage container that I bought at Walmart years ago. It will hold 12x12 paper, but I use it strictly for scrap pieces. Occasionally I go through it and cut down the scraps and move them to a box on my desk. When I am working on cards, scrapbook pages, or other projects, I then try to reach into that scrap box to find pieces to use rather than cutting down more 12x12 paper.

To make my scrap creating quicker and easier, I used a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my card design.
 Today's card comes completely from that scrap box and from card bases I had cut down and made a while back. The stamp I used is an older 3x3 butterfly image from Jenni Bowlin & is no longer available. 



 It feels good to use up scraps that have been around awhile. I also used colors that I don't always reach for. It was a good opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and create something from older bits and pieces.

2 comments:

  1. The sparkle and shimmer on this card is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so striking! That shine on thesis wonderful So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete