Monday, April 10, 2023

Working for the Weekend

 As we begin to wind down the school year I get more and more excited about weekends and the possibility of summer. The card I created today celebrates two of my favorite weekend (and summer) activities: reading and plants.

I used this week's Color Throwdown color inspiration for my card. 


Today's card features stamps from Cocoa Daisy and Heidi Swapp which were watercolored with 
Distress Inks. I figured out that Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey used together made the best terra cotta color to watercolor my pots. Everything got fussy cut and popped up for emphasis & then placed on an ink-smooshed background of Tattered Rose Distress Ink. 

This one was fun and I may have a hard time parting with it!


1 comment:

  1. Those succulents make for a beautiful take on the Color Throwdown color combo…you really showcased the rust, pink, & green color challenge with watercolored card!! Thanks for play along with the #ctd737 challenge.
    -Deb Horst, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete