Sunday, September 19, 2021

Simon Says Stamp September Kit of the Month

 I have a deep love of sunflowers, so this Sunshine Flowers Simon Says Stamp card kit of the month was perfect. I spent this weekend using the card kit to create some much-needed thank you cards.


For this first card, I used the Freshly Made Sketches #503 sketch.



Using an older square punch I punched out three small squares out of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I used Distress inks and water to loosely watercolor the background and then I spritzed the wet watercolor with Perfect Pearls water. Once dry each square was machine stitched with white thread.


I then stamped the single sunflower image from the SSS Sunshine Flowers stamp set in black ink. Once embossed in clear embossing powder, I then watercolored the image using Distress Inks. The center of the flower was then coated with Walnut Stain Distress Stickles which are sadly a discontinued product from Ranger and Tim Holtz. After fussy-cutting the image, I popped it up on the watercolored squares & added the Tim Holtz Ideology "Thank You" label sticker, and finished the card with a scattering of sequins.





2 comments:

  1. I love all of the fabulous details on this fun card -- the stitching, the Perfect Pearls, the sequins, etc... Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful take on the sketch! I just love those dainty watercolor squares. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete