Sunday, October 25, 2020

Crackling Campfire

Today, I wanted to play with Tim Holtz's newest Distress Ink color- Crackling Campfire. I had seen it ink blended and I knew there was a yellow undertone. I decided to use it as an ombre gradient watercolor. I like how the color deepens as it moves from left to right across the watercolor cardstock. 

I used Freshly Made Sketches #458 as a guide as I created. 



Before I added the Crackling Campfire ink, I heat embossed the feather images in gold embossing powder. Both feather stamps are from an older Cocoa Daisy stamp set. Once I completed the embossing and watercoloring, I added a few water splatters and some Perfect Pearl splatters in Heirloom Gold to the piece. After drying the piece completely I used my fingernail to rough up and distress the edges. Using an ink blending tool, I went around the whole piece with Crackling Campfire ink. I adhered the panel to the kraft card base and added sequins and gold Stickles. The "thankful" sentiment is from an older Technique Tuesday/Ali Edwards stamp set. There is also a crosshatched background peeking out from behind the raised panel. It was created using an older Cocoa Daisy stamp. 


I am already making a list of more techniques to try with this beautiful color. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the shimmer finish from the perfect pearls! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love those gold embossed feathers and that gorgeous background! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS background!! I love the golden leaves and the little hint of golden grid behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that background! Beautiful color - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete