Sunday, February 3, 2019

Color Throwdown #528

This week's Color Throwdown took me a while to figure out.


This is not a color combination that I usually create with, so I didn't decide till today what I was going to create.

Once I decided on sunflowers, creating got a lot easier. I knew I had a small stamp set that came with a Tim Holtz kit I picked up at Michael's a while back and the sunflower image was one I really liked, so that is it what I went with. 


Starting with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock, I used an older The Crafter's Workshop stencil with embossing paste in the center of the cardstock. I embossed a glittery gold embossing powder over the embossing paste, then using an ink blender added TH Fossilized Amber Distress Ink & TH Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink to the center. I blended TH Tumbled Glass Distress Ink over the remainder of the background and then used TH Broken China Distress Ink and the TH Flourish Layering Stencil to add flourishes across the background. I stamped the sunflower and stem images from the Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Kit three times on TH watercolor cardstock and used Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks to watercolor them. Once dry and cut out, I popped the sunflowers & leaves up with foam tape and slid the rest of the stems under the label and adhered them. The message on the label is from Tim Holtz's Way With Words stamp set. I splattered the entire piece with Perfect Pearls in Gold and then scattered sequins from my stash to finish the piece. 

I love this finished piece. I usually make cards, but this will be added to my creative wall in my scrap room as a reminder to try new things and to use what I already have available on hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment